Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do You Trust People?

As we navigate the world around us we encounter many people we don't know. If we aren't acquainted with someone does that mean we shouldn't trust them? How do you know if someone is good or bad? These questions often race through our minds if someone approaches us in the grocery store or asks us for a favor. Living in a time when the media plays such a huge role in our lives it can be difficult to trust people when we are constantly being told about the awful things people are doing to each other. It is important that we be cautious when in the presence of someone new, but shouldn't we trust that they are probably a good person? In this lab, I investigated how much people trust other people that they may or may not know. I asked them, "On a scale of 1-10 how much would you say you trust people?" Overall, my results show that we have become a people that have lost a simple trust in one another.

Results

5 because people suck.

5 It depends on what I am trusting people on. If it's about details in their life I'd believe it, but if it was something people were prone to lying about I would not.

4 because people are selfish, fake and full of sh**.

4 because you hear about all of these bad things happening in the world and automatically assume people are bad.

8 because that is the kind of world I want to live in. Kind and trusting.

5 My trust depends on who the person is.

8 because it is my hope that people live in accordance with the Golden Rule.

8 because most people are good.

4 simply because the Bible says not to put your trust in man.

8 because most people you can kind of tell if they are lying or not.

7 because I like to give people a chance. It is like the idea of innocent until proven guilty. I am careful to judge people.

5 You can trust some people, but the ones you trust are always the ones that will let you down.

3 because I don't believe in people.

5 I think most people are mostly good, but caution still needs to be taken.

8 I know I shouldn't but I just do. I trust everybody.

4 I don't think people are that trustworthy.

In reality a 7, but when I think about it a 3. I think that instinctively I would trust people and that there is a certain basic goodness in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment