Saturday, January 31, 2009


How Much Would You Sell Your Right To Vote For?


For the most part it seems like everyone I interviewed was pretty enthusiastic about voting. The majority of people wouldn't sell their right to vote either because they think it is important to have a voice in our government or that it was fought too hard for to be sold. I think my data shows that there is definitely still hope for social capital in the U.S. If most people think that they should vote it means that we still feel a sense of importance about our nation as a whole. If people think voting is important, then the tradition and the idea of the voice of the people is still alive. As long as the right that we all share doesn't become worthless to us, I think we will at least have a satisfactory amount of social capital.
Results
Very few people were selfish in their answers, which shows that we do care about one another. Even when people would sell their right to vote it was usually so that they could help other people.
I wouldn't sell my right to vote because I am not motivated by money.
I wouldn't sell it because voting is important.
I would sell it for as much as the national deficit at the time of the election without tax deductions. If I could get that much money I could serve a lot more people than the politician I'd choose.
No, I wouldn't sell my right to vote because it is a connection to every other American. It is a right we all have to change things together.
No, I wouldn't sell it because people had to work so hard to get the right to vote. We shouldn't take it for granted.
I wouldn't sell my right to vote because it is important to our citizenship.
No, I wouldn't sell my right to vote because it is a human right and I believe in the virtue and practice of human rights.
I wouldn't sell my right to vote because it is too important.
No, because it is my responsibility as a citizen to have a voice and if I sell my right to vote I have no voice.
No, because I believe your right to vote is part of being a U.S. citizen and if you don't vote you don't deserve to be a U.S. citizen. If you don't vote you don't have the right to complain about society.
I wouldn't sell it for anything because there are a lot of people who don't ever have the right to vote. Why would I be selfish and give that up?
1 billion dollars so I could get all of the homeless people somewhere to stay.
I wouldn't sell my right to vote for anything because I have to have a say in everything. Plus, money just comes and goes.
I wouldn't sell it for anything because I want a chance to make a difference.
200 million because I could travel the world.
I wouldn't sell it. My grandfather told me I could never sell my vote because we worked too hard for it. I've never believed in selling myself for anything or that anyone should sell themselves.
I wouldn't sell my right to vote because it isn't just about me but about my children and grandchildrens' lives. Voting isn't about my own personal gain. There is too much at stake to not have a chance to make a change in the world. In reality though, I'd have to really think hard if someone offered me millions and millions of dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment